In order to use the 'Molekule' skill for Amazon Alexa with your Molekule purifier(s), please review the following guidelines & requirements below before going through the setup process:
- Your Molekule purifier(s) must be connected to your Wi-Fi network & show online in the Molekule mobile app, in order to setup & use the 'Molekule' skill for Amazon Alexa.
- See how to setup & connect your model of Molekule purifier to W-Fi using the links below:
- Location/region/country information in your phone's settings must match your current physical location prior to initially going through the setup process to connect your purifier(s) to Wi-Fi. If this information does not match your current physical location, you will need to remove your Molekule purifier(s) from the Molekule app, reset each purifier, uninstall the Molekule mobile app fully, change/update the location/region/country setting within your phone's OS settings/app store, then reinstall the Molekule app and go through setup for each purifier once more.
- Make sure to 'name' each purifier within the Molekule app using a simple, concise, and unique name for each purifier, not exceeding 3 words in length. Names should not include any special characters, punctuation, emojis, or overly complex words/phrases that may be difficult for the voice assistant to recognize or understand. We recommend simple names, such as 'Kitchen purifier' or 'Living room purifier'. (Please use a custom purifier name other than 'Molekule', which may be misinterpreted or not recognized by Alexa.)
- See how to edit your purifier name here.
- The 'Molekule' skill for Amazon Alexa may only appear in Amazon Alexa skill stores as an available skill for countries that use U.S. English, U.K. English or English - India as their primary skill store language (not secondary languages specified by a user).
How to setup the Molekule skill for Amazon Alexa - 2 Methods:
Method #1: From Inside the Molekule App
In order to control your Molekule purifier with Amazon Alexa, please open the Molekule mobile app. Make sure you are signed into the app and that all of your Molekule purifiers are connected & online.
Once you have verified that your purifiers are connected & online, within the app, go to ..More and tap on 'Integrations'. You will see the 'Connect' screen for our Alexa skill integration. Tap 'Connect' to begin the setup & link your Molekule account to our Alexa skill.
(Note: This screen will remain available in our app, even after you have successfully completed this process. This screen will not reflect whether or not you have already authenticated your account with the Molekule skill for Amazon Alexa.)
This will either launch the Amazon Alexa app if you already have it installed and are signed in, or it will launch a web browser to allow you to complete the process. (You may need to first log into your Amazon account in the browser, if you aren't already signed in.)
Once you are signed into your Amazon account, you will see a login prompt appear. When you see the prompt below, please enter your Molekule account email address and password on this screen.
Once you've entered your Molekule account email address and password, tap 'Sign in'. This will authenticate your Molekule account with the Alexa skill, and link the Molekule purifiers that are currently connected to your Molekule account. Once this process completes, you will be taken back to the Molekule mobile app and will see a 'Congratulations' screen appear, confirming that the linking process has been successful.
If something occurs during this process that prevents the skill from being properly linked, you will see a failure message in the Molekule mobile app. Common issues that may result in a failure include using the incorrect Molekule account email address & password, and interruption in the network connection being used by your mobile phone, or attempting to link your Molekule account to our Alexa skill in a Amazon skill store region where the skill is not currently available. (We currently offer our skill in all Amazon account regions where US English, UK English, or India English are determined by Amazon to be a primary language for that skill store region.)
Method #2: From Inside the Amazon Alexa App
In order to control your Molekule purifier with Amazon Alexa, please visit the Amazon Alexa app, go to More>Skills & Games, and search for the 'Molekule' skill to install it. Tap 'Enable to use'. You may also try asking Alexa to enable the Molekule skill by voice.
(Note: Be sure to install the 'Molekule' skill in order to control your purifier. These features/functionality are not available/applicable within the separate 'Molekule Air Quality Review' skill.)
Once you've enabled the Molekule skill for Amazon Alexa, you'll be prompted to link the skill with your Molekule account by signing in with your Molekule account credentials. This can be done inside the Alexa app from the Molekule skill page, or via the mobile app. You'll want to ensure you are using the correct Molekule account email/password when logging in on this page.
(Note: Make sure to check to grant any requested permissions.)
After you've linked your Molekule account to the skill, please follow the prompts to have Alexa 'look for devices'. Tap 'Next', then proceed to setup your Molekule purifier device(s).
(Note: If your Molekule purifier is not found by Alexa, this can indicate that your device is either not connected to the Molekule account you used to link the skill, or the device is not connected/online at this time. If your purifier does not appear in the Molekule app or is offline, you will need to setup/connect your purifier to your Molekule account.)
Tap on each Molekule purifier from the list of available devices, then tap 'Set Up Device', in order complete the setup process for each purifier (device) in the Alexa app.
How to use supported voice commands for Amazon Alexa:
Please review each section below to learn how to control your purifier using the Molekule skill for Amazon Alexa. You will need to speak each voice command to Alexa using the exact phrases provided below, in order for the commands to be successful.
Controlling Fan Speed:
- Numerical options 1-6 are supported for this command, matching the number of manual fan speed options on the purifier.
Air Mini+ & Air Mini:
- Numerical options 1-5 are supported, matching the number of manual fan speed options on the purifier.
- You will need to use numerical options 1-3 to change your purifier's fan speed between 'Silent'(1), 'Auto'(2), and 'Boost'(3).
Use the following voice command(s) to control fan speed:
- "Alexa, set [purifier name from Molekule app] to (2)"
- "Alexa, set [purifier name from Molekule app] to fan speed (2)"
Controlling Fan Mode (Auto-protect) - Air Pro & Air Mini+ purifier models only
- Use 'standard' to set your purifier to standard 'Auto protect' mode
- Use 'quiet' to set your purifier to 'Auto-protect Quiet' mode
- Use 'standard' to set your purifier to 'Auto-protect' mode.
Use the following voice command(s) to control fan mode:
- "Alexa, set the mode of [purifier name from Molekule app] to standard"
- "Alexa, set the mode of [purifier name from Molekule app] to quiet" - Air Pro only
Turning Your Purifier On/Off - All purifier models
Use the following voice command(s) to turn your purifier on or off:
- "Alexa, turn on [purifier name from Molekule app]
- "Alexa, turn off [purifier name from Molekule app]
Getting Filter Health For Your Purifier - All models; ***for Air MH1 filter health is only provided for the primary PECO filter, not the pre-filter.
Use the following voice command to request the current filter health (remaining filter life) of your purifier:
- "Alexa, ask Molekule purifier to get filter health of [purifier name from Molekule app]
Getting Indoor Air Quality For Your Purifier - Air Pro & Air Mini+ purifier models only
Use the following voice command to request the current indoor air quality (good, moderate, bad, very bad) near your purifier:
- "Alexa, ask Molekule purifier to get the air quality of [purifier name from Molekule app]
Supplies - Setting Up 'Smart Reorder' - Notifications & Automatic Filter Orders (US Only)
Within our 'Molekule' skill for Amazon Alexa, we offer the ability to use Amazon's 'Smart Reorder' functionality, which allows you to set up automatic filter replacement orders based on your purifier's filter health, or to simply receive additional notifications from Alexa when your purifier's filter is nearing depletion and needs a replacement.
This feature is located within the Alexa mobile app, by visiting the 'Devices' tab, tapping on a Molekule purifier, going to 'Settings' and then the 'Supplies' section.
To see how to set up Smart reorders for your purifier, please see Amazon's help article here.
Requirements & Limitations:
- This feature is available for United States users only at this time.
- The 'Molekule' skill for Amazon Alexa must be enabled and configured for any purifier that you wish to utilize this feature with. Smart reorder must be set up individually for each purifier that you own, within the Amazon Alexa app.
- Smart reorder for the original Molekule Air (MH1) purifier is limited to PECO filter orders only at this time. (Replacement Air (MH1) pre-filters are available at molekule.com, on Amazon marketplace (US only), or by contacting Molekule customer service.)