Follow the steps below to connect your Molekule Air via the mobile app for the first time. Need to change or select a different WiFi network after the initial set up? Check out our article How do I change my WiFi network? for step by step instructions.
- Download and install the latest version of the Molekule app from the Google Play™ store or App StoreⓇ.
- Open the Molekule app and sign in or create a new account.
- The app will prompt you to add a device. Click on Set up device.
- The app will then provide you with recommendations on where to place your Molekule Air and to run it 24/7. Click Next to continue.
- To continue pairing, make sure you are within 10 feet of your device, turn on Bluetooth on your mobile phone and click OK to give your device Bluetooth access.
- Click Search to allow the app to locate all Molekule Air purifiers near you.
- Select your device from the list and click Pair. The app will now pair with your Molekule Air over Bluetooth. Once paired a confirmation screen will appear.
Not finding your Molekule Air?
Check to see if your device is enabled for connectivity. Please review our How do I disable or re-enable Bluetooth and WiFi from Molekule? article.
- If you haven't connected to WiFi previously, the available WiFi networks will be listed. Select your preferred WiFi Network and enter password. Please wait for a few seconds as the device tries to connect to your WiFi network.
- You'll receive a confirmation once you have successfully added and connected to your Molekule Air to WiFi.
- Upon connecting your device to WiFi, your Molekule Air will automatically download any software updates.
Minimum WiFi requirements:
Molekule Air only connects to a 2.4GHz wireless network. Note that some routers are capable of 2.4GHz but have it disabled by default. Please consult your router documentation for details specific to your router.
Minimum iPhoneⓇ or AndroidTM phone requirements:
iPhone 5 or newer
iOS 8 or newer
The Molekule app uses WPA2 as a security type for your WiFi credentials, which is an industry standard. Currently, Molekule does not support authenticating the credentials for WiFi on a browser. If you have an internet connection that does not have a standard WiFi name and password-based login, you will not be able to bring your Molekule Air online. Some public internet connections have such browser-based authentications.
Hotspots may be configured on a smartphone or tablet with a mobile network data plan to allow Internet access to other devices via Bluetooth pairing or if both the hotspot device and the device/s accessing it are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. To learn how to setup a mobile hotspot, we recommend reaching out to your mobile provider for details.
If you are unable to pair and connect, please review our Troubleshooting WiFi Connectivity article.