How do Filter Status Indicators work?
You can view the status of the Pre-Filter and Nano-Filter after you connect your Molekule to a WiFi network. The indicators will update regularly when the Molekule is connected to the internet. The filter life status is based on the run time of the device. The Pre-Filter counts down from 90 days or 3 months, and the Nano-Filter 270 days or 9 months.
You can view the filter status on the Molekule touch screen or in the mobile app.
To view the filter status on the touch screen of the device:
- Wake up your Molekule by tapping the screen once
- Tap the screen again to open up the Menu
- Swipe right 3 times to see the filter status screen
To view the filter status on the app:
- Open the app and go to the HOME screen
- On the HOME Screen, view the Filter Status Indicators at the bottom of the screen. You can tap the icons to get more info about the filters including instructions on how to replace them.
When should I replace Filters?
We recommend replacing the Pre-Filter every 3 months and the Nano-Filter every 6 months, or when your Filter Status Indicator shows 0% or shows an exclamation point.
How do I replace Filters?
Instructions on how to replace the filters can be found using the following resources:
- Section 8 of Quickstart Guide that came with your device
- Watch this video
- Tap the Filter Status Indicator icon on the mobile app and then the “How to replace Pre-Filter” banner at the bottom of the screen
Why do I need to replace filters?
The Pre-Filter is designed to trap larger particles like hair and dust. It’s job is to prevent them from reaching the Nano-Filter where they could block the light which activates the Nano-Filter and allows it to destroy pollutants. Over time the Pre-Filter will become full of dust and hair and will cease to effectively trap particles.
The Nano-Filter is activated by light shining onto the filter membrane, which is coated with proprietary nano particles. This creates a catalytic reaction on the filter surface that actually destroys pollutants. Over time larger particles that escape the Pre-Filter can partially block the light, preventing it from reaching the surface of the Nano-Filter and reduce its efficiency. Changing the Nano-Filter every six months ensures that your Molekule can efficiently destroy pollutants.
How do I order more filters?
The annual Filter subscription comes with 4 Pre-Filters and 2 Nano-Filters. You can read more about how our Filter subscriptions work here. If you are using your Molekule in an environment that is has a large volume of dust, dirt, pet hair, dander etc you may want to change your filters more often. Please contact support and we can help you purchase additional filters.
How do I reset the Filter Status Indicator after I change my filter?
We recently updated our mobile apps with the ability to reset your Filter Status Indicators, after replacing the filters. Follow the steps below.
- Open mobile app, make sure you're running the most current version
- iOS v1.5 and Android v1.5
- From the Molekule Home screen, tap the Filter Status Indicator for the filter you replaced
- From the Filter screen tap Replace Filter. If the wrong filter is shown, swipe left or right to select the correct filter.
- Click Confirm Replacement to reset the Filter Status Indicator.
- This will be followed by a spinning wheel which may take a few seconds to reset
- Once complete a confirmation dialogue will appear
- Click Done to close the window and your Filter Status Indicator will reset to 99%
Why do you recommend replacing the Nano-Filter at 6 months when the Status Indicator is based on 9 months?
We have found the replacing the Nano-Filter every 6 months will ensure your Molekule is delivering the cleanest air possible. We will be changing the countdown timer on the Nano-Filter in an upcoming app release to match our recommendation of 6 months.