What’s new in FW 8.31.2?
- Made connection more reliable between your Molekule Air and mobile app
- Bug fix & stability improvements
When was the latest firmware released?
Firmware version 8.31.2 was released to all customers on September 27, 2021.
How do I get the latest update?
To automatically receive firmware updates, your purifier will need to be connected to WiFi and paired to the mobile app. For instructions on how to pair and connect to WiFi, click here.
If your purifier has not automatically updated, follow the instructions below.
- Download the latest app version (iOS, Android).
- Unplug your purifier from the power outlet.
- Plug the purifier back in after waiting 10 seconds.
- The purifier will update automatically and say UPDATE IN PROGRESS, and reboot once more after the update downloads. The purifier screen may remain black for up to a minute while it restarts. Do not unplug Molekule during this time.
- After the reboot, the Molekule will display OPEN THE APP. Follow the remaining setup within the app to complete setup. The purifier will calibrate and complete an initial clean up based on the space configuration settings selected.
Unable to update your firmware, having connectivity trouble or other questions? Read our My device is stuck on "Update in Progress." What do I do? and Troubleshooting WiFi Connectivity articles for additional troubleshooting tips.
How do I know which firmware version my purifier is running?
To check the firmware version of your purifier on the mobile app:
- Open the app and select MORE.
- Select the purifier from the available list.
- Click Purifier details.
- Firmware version will appear on the Purifier details screen.
To check the firmware version on your purifier:
- Press your thumb/finger on the display and hold for 10-15 seconds.
- A secondary menu will appear showing TAP TO DISABLE CONNECTIVITY.
- Swipe to the left and look for FW #.## under the serial number.