To begin, you must download the Molekule app. The iOS version is easy to find by searching for 'Molekule' in the App Store from your iPhone. An Android app will become available in June.
Once the app is downloaded, open it to get started. Make sure you are within 10 feet of the Molekule Air Purifier and Bluetooth on your phone is turned on. Also, make sure your phone is connected to the 2.4GHz network of your WiFi router (not 5GHz)
If you are connecting a Molekule device for the first time, you will be directly taken to Step 4. Please proceed from there. If not, please follow these steps:
1) To add a unit, click on the MENU icon on top left
2) In the menu, select DEVICES
3) Click on ADD DEVICE
4) Click on PAIR. The app will find all the Molekule devices near you.
5) If you have more than one Molekule devices around you, you will see a list of Molekule devices. Select the device you want to connect to and click on NEXT.
6) The app on your phone will now pair with Molekule device over Bluetooth.
Once paired, the app will ask you to select your WiFi network, to connect your device to the Internet.
7) Select your WiFi network and enter the password. Please wait for a few seconds as the device tries to connect to your wifi.
8) Once you have successfully added your device, you can now personalize the device - rename your Molekule unit, select cleaning configurations such as your room size, age of your residence, and number of pets and so on
9) Once you select your input parameters, click on SAVE and your Molekule device will begin the initial clean.
Are you having issues connecting? Please check the troubleshooting section of the help center for quick resolution steps.
Minimum WiFi requirements
- Molekule only connects to a 2.4GHz wireless network. Note that some routers are capable of 2.4GHz but have it disabled by default. Please consult your router documentation for details specific to your router.
Minimum smartphone requirements
- iPhone 5 or newer
- iOS 8 or newer