You can easily connect your Molekule to your mobile hotspot, all you need is your network name and password, and to ensure that your personal hotspot is enabled.
Instructions for iOS users:
First, open the settings on your mobile device and make sure your Personal Hotspot is enabled.
Once the hotspot is enabled, connecting to your hotspot is the same as connecting to any regular WiFi connection:
- Open the Molekule app on your phone.
- If you have not connected your Molekule to WiFi before, select the MENU ICON located on the top left
- Select SETTINGS.
- Select WIFI NETWORKS. You may now select your mobile hotspot network.
If you are already connected to a network, follow the steps above and select REMOVE WIFI NETWORK. You will now be able to select your mobile hotspot network.
Instructions for Android users:
- Open the Settings app.
- Touch the More item in the Wireless & Networks section, and then choose Tethering & Portable Hotspot.
- Touch the box to place a check mark by the Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot or Mobile Hotspot item.
- Choose the Set Up Wi-Fi Hotspot.
- Touch the fields on the Set Up Wi-Fi Hotspot screen to assign a name and password. Touch the Save or OK button to set your changes.
Your app should now connect to your Molekule through the hotspot. If it is successful, it will show you a successful connection on your phone and then ask you about configuring your Molekule beginning with the size of the room.
*Don’t forget to turn off the mobile hotspot when you’re done using it.