What’s new in FW 8.09?
- Made connection more reliable between your Molekule Air and mobile app
- Fixed glitches on device screen that were causing it to freeze
- Now, once your Molekule reconnects to power after being unplugged or after an outage, you’ll briefly get the option to select new room settings before it resumes on previous settings
When was the latest firmware released?
Firmware version 8.09 was released to all customers on May 13, 2019.
How do I get the latest update?
To automatically receive firmware updates, your device will need to be connected to WiFi and paired to the mobile app. For instructions on how to pair and connect to WiFi, click here. If your device has not automatically updated, follow the instructions below.
- Download the latest app version (iOS, Android).
- Unplug your device from the power outlet.
- Plug the device back in after waiting 10 seconds.
- The device will update automatically and say DEVICE UPDATE IN PROGRESS, and reboot once more after the update downloads. The device screen may remain black for up to a minute while it restarts. Do not unplug Molekule during this time.
- After the reboot, the Molekule will display OPEN THE APP. Follow the remaining setup within the app to complete setup. The device will calibrate and complete an initial clean up based on the space configuration settings selected.
How do I know which firmware version my device is running?
To check the firmware version of your device on the mobile app:
- Open the app and select the icon on the top left.
- Click on SETTINGS.
- Click on TECHNICAL INFO to view the technical details of your Molekule device. The FIRMWARE version will be listed near the bottom. Note: It could take up to a few hours to appear in the app.
To check the firmware version on your device:
- Press your thumb/finger on the display and hold for 10-15 seconds.
- A secondary menu will appear showing TAP TO DISABLE CONNECTIVITY.
- Swipe to the left and look for FW 8.09 under the serial number.
Experiencing connectivity issues or other questions? Read this helpful article, or call us at 855-999-9069 Monday–Sunday from 8am–5pm PT.