What’s new in FW 8.27?
- Made connection more reliable between your Molekule Air and mobile app
- Bug fix & stability improvements
When was the latest firmware released?
Firmware version 8.27 was released to all customers on May 20, 2020.
How do I get the latest update?
To automatically receive firmware updates, your device will need to be connected to WiFi and paired to the mobile app. For instructions on how to pair and connect to WiFi, click here.
If your device has not automatically updated, follow the instructions below.
- Download the latest app version (iOS, Android).
- Unplug your device from the power outlet.
- Plug the device back in after waiting 10 seconds.
- The device will update automatically and say DEVICE UPDATE IN PROGRESS, and reboot once more after the update downloads. The device screen may remain black for up to a minute while it restarts. Do not unplug Molekule during this time.
- After the reboot, the Molekule will display OPEN THE APP. Follow the remaining setup within the app to complete setup. The device will calibrate and complete an initial clean up based on the space configuration settings selected.
Unable to update your firmware, having connectivity trouble or other questions? Read our My device is stuck on "Update in Progress." What do I do? and Troubleshooting WiFi Connectivity articles for additional troubleshooting tips.
How do I know which firmware version my device is running?
To check the firmware version of your device on the mobile app:
- Open the app and select MORE.
- Select the device from the available list.
- Click Device details.
- Firmware version will appear on the Device details screen.
To check the firmware version on your device:
- Press your thumb/finger on the display and hold for 10-15 seconds.
- A secondary menu will appear showing TAP TO DISABLE CONNECTIVITY.
- Swipe to the left and look for FW 8.25 under the serial number.