Dark Mode turns off the UV light used in the Molekule Air purifier for people sensitive to light while sleeping. We recommend using this mode only as necessary. In Dark Mode, your device will continue to filter pollutants similar to other conventional air purifiers. Only when the light is on will the PECO-Filter be able to destroy pollutants in the air.
To enable Dark Mode on the device:
- Wake up your Molekule Air purifier by tapping the screen once.
- Swipe left on the screen to access Dark Mode.
- Tap to enable.
Note: to ensure the efficacy of PECO technology, Dark Mode will automatically turn itself off after 8 hours.
To enable Dark Mode via the mobile app:
- Select More from the Device Control screen.
- Tap on the device you'd like to schedule Dark Mode.
- Select Dark Mode.
- Use the schedule to select the days, start time and duration you'd like to set for Dark Mode. Click Save when done.
- Once a schedule has been saved, you can turn it off by navigating back to the scheduler and tapping OFF.
What do I do if my Molekule Air isn't going into Dark Mode based on the schedule I entered?
If you have used the mobile app to schedule Dark Mode and your device is not entering into Dark Mode (typically due to daylight savings time), try creating a new schedule and save changes. Dark Mode should work as expected after creating a new schedule.