If you are facing this issue, we believe that you have been able to pair your Molekule with the app.
We also assume that you are able to see your preferred WiFi network, however, are unable to connect to it. If you are facing a different issue, please refer to general WiFi setup troubleshooting here.
First, please verify that your internet is available for your Molekule to connect to with these steps:
- Please make sure that your internet connection is working as expected. Are your other devices (besides Molekule) working fine when connected to your WiFi network?
- Is the air purifier placed in a part of your house where you have low WiFi signal strength, i.e., "connection is spotty?" We request that you move the device to a different part of the room where the signal is generally stronger, and unplug and replug the unit.
- If the above two steps did not resolve the issue, please contact us at email@example.com.
Are you having issues with password authentication?
- Please ensure that you are entering the correct WiFi password. You can view your password as you type it in to verify that you are not making any errors here.
- Did you change the security type of your router? The Molekule app uses WPA2 as a security type for your WiFi credentials, which is an industry standard. If you are using a different security type, please try entering the WiFi details manually by selecting OTHER from the list of WiFi networks and then entering the WiFi information.
- Are you using browser-based WiFi authentication? Molekule does not support any browser-based WiFi authentication, often found in public hotspots.
- If you are still facing issues with password authentication or get error messages such as: "Device out of range," please try the below steps:
- Exit the app on your phone and open it again.
- Unplug the unit and leave it off for 10 seconds. Now, replug it.
- On your app, click on the MENU icon on the top left and then select SETTINGS.
- From the Settings menu, please select WIFI NETWORKS.
- Try connecting to your preferred WiFi network again.
If your issue is not resolved, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your effort in trying out the troubleshooting steps.
Please Note: Molekule only connects to a 2.4GHz wireless network and works with iOS devices that are iPhone 5 or above.