If you are facing this issue, we believe that you have been able to pair your device with the app.
We also assume that you are able to see your preferred WiFi Name, however are unable to connect to it. If you are facing a different issue, please refer to general WiFi Setup troubleshooting here.
First, please verify if your internet is available for the device to connect to:
1) Please make sure that your internet connection is working as expected. Are your other devices working fine when connected to the same connection?
2) Is the air purifier placed in a part of your house where you have low WiGi signal strength, i.e. "connection is spotty"? We request you to move the device in a different part of the room where the signal is generally stronger and unplug and re-plug the unit.
3) If the above two did not resolve the issue, please restart your WiFi router. Give it 5 minutes to come back up again. After your internet is back, please unplug and re-plug the Molekule device.
Are you having issues with password authentication?
1) Please ensure that you are entering the correct WiFi password. You can view your password as you type it in to verify you are not making any errors here.
2) Did you change the security type of your router? Molekule app uses WPA2 as a security type for your WiFi credentials, which is an industry standard. If you are using a different security type, please try entering the WiFi Details manually by Selecting OTHER from the list of WiFis and then manually entering the WiFi Details.
3) Also, do you have a browser-based WiFi Authentication? Molekule does not support any browser based WiFi authentication, often found in public hotspots.
4) If you are still having issues, please try the below.
Facing other errors?
If you are still facing issues with password authentication or get error messages such as: "Device out of range", please try the below:
- Kill the app on your phone and open it again.
- Unplug the unit, leave it off for 10 seconds. Now re-plug it.
- On your app, click on the MENU ICON on the top left and then select SETTINGS
- From the Settings menu, please select WIFI NETWORKS.
- Try connecting to your preferred WiFi again.
If your issue is not resolved, please contact us at email@example.com. We appreciate your effort in trying out our troubleshooting guide.