Follow the steps below to connect your Molekule Air Mini+ via the mobile app for the first time.
If you have set up a device previously and need to add multiple devices, we recommend reviewing this article.
Need to change or select a different WiFi network after the initial set up? Check out the following for step by step instructions in this article.
- Download and install the latest version of the Molekule app from the Google Play™ store or App StoreⓇ.
- Open the Molekule app and sign in or create a new account.
- The app will prompt you to add a device. Click on Set up device.
- On the Select Device screen, tap on Air Mini+.
- The app will then provide you with recommendations on where to place your device and to run it 24/7. Click Next on each screen to continue.
- To continue pairing, make sure you are within 10 feet of your device, turn on WiFi on your mobile phone and click Connect.
- On iOS, click Join when the app prompts you for "'Molekule' Wants to Join Wi-Fi Network 'Molekule'" and OK when asked "'Molekule' Would Like to Access Your Home Data".
The mobile app may show a failed attempt to connect to the "Molekule" network. The app will retry automatically and may take several seconds to connect, please be patient. If the mobile app is unable to locate your device, ensure you have enabled local network permissions. See the "No Device Detected" or "Unable to Join Molekule Network" Error Messages article for more information.
On Android, wait until the Molekule network appears on the pop-up and then select Connect.
- A connected screen will appear to confirm your connection to the Molekule Air Mini+.
- If you haven't connected to WiFi previously, the available WiFi networks will be listed. Select your preferred WiFi Network and enter password. Please wait for a few seconds as the device tries to connect to your WiFi network.
- You'll receive a confirmation once you have successfully added and connected to your Molekule Air to WiFi. Tap on the checkmark to continue.
- You have the option to name your device on the next screen. Enter a name to easily identify your Molekule air purifier. Tap Next or Skip to continue.
- Complete the "Hows your air?" survey by selecting the pollutants you are most concerned about. Tap Next to continue.
- The device mode information screen will appear. Click Done to complete setup.
Minimum WiFi requirements:
Molekule devices only connect to a 2.4GHz wireless network. Note that some routers are capable of 2.4GHz but have it disabled by default. Please consult your router documentation for details specific to your router.
Minimum iPhone or Android phone requirements:
- iOS 12.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- Android 8.0 and up
The Molekule app uses WPA2 as a security type for your WiFi credentials, which is an industry standard. Currently, Molekule does not support authenticating the credentials for WiFi on a browser. If you have an internet connection that does not have a standard WiFi name and password-based login, you will not be able to bring your Molekule Air online. Some public internet connections have such browser-based authentications.
Hotspots may be configured on a smartphone or tablet with a mobile network data plan to allow Internet access to other devices via Bluetooth pairing or if both the hotspot device and the device/s accessing it are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. To learn how to setup a mobile hotspot, we recommend reaching out to your mobile provider for details.